Jan 1, 2009

Making My Debut.

Came up with this to keep track of how post-As is spent and for friends who are concerned about my well-being. (:
Just finished last ep of The Little Nyonya on Mobtv.
So touching and everything ended nicely except that chenxi and yueniang just cant be tgt!):
Next tue onwards I gonna miss this show a hell lotssss!! )):
Well wanted to have this blog right after exams on 19nov but all the procrastination made that impossible..
Highlights from 19nov to 31dec ought to be LITTLE NYONYA AUTOGRAPH SESSIONNNNN!!! second taiwan trip with family, airport easy money job, OHMY I THINK THATS ALL.
Those outings with different cliques excluded since we meet so often, its not a highlight.
So 1.25mths gone with not much achieved, 2009 must not be this way! (:


So HSBC Insurance is where i spent my weekdays now and airport as for weekends.
Sounds hiong? No it isn't. Even if it is, it's just for jan.
I might be jobless after this but im keeping a lookout for myself (:
Hmm so.. Im really experiencing work life now; I have my own long table, com, dustbin, comfy roller chair etc.
Tomorrow gonna be the first time im experiencing a full day of work, dunno if I can tahan.

The first 3 days like nth much...
Mon: Signing of many agreements to not divulge company’s infor all that, touring ard company, long lunch break…
Tue: To Raffles Place in the morning to make HSBC pass, arrived at work at 10, tea break buffet (monthly “employees’ benefit” thing)
Wed: Half day cos new year eve. Later was meeting up with fadz jun matt (:
This job basically requires me to sit on comfy chair the whole day facing a screen flooded with numbers and words. Well, bro is right, at least I get to experience sedentary workstyle and now know that IM TOTALLY NOT FOR THIS KIND OF LAZY PIG WORKSTYLE. Lazy pig cos to keep awake most, including me, munch on tidbits and everyone offers one another nice chocs and sweets.

Me: 为什么这里的人那么多东西吃而且一直吃个不停的??
Microsoft Excel expert in front of me: OH 这里就是这样的!!
Me: (rather sadly and worriedly) Orh…
And entertained a thought: 肯定肥死 by end of Jan.


Good points bout the job!
1. Bro’s friend Eunice who intro-ed me this job isn’t someone strict and scary. She’s not my boss but is a mini boss and is in charge of me, sth like a mentor.
2. Consult her sth she will need me to keep waiting cos she is kinda busy with her stuff – NOT BLAMING HER OF COS whoa if she finds this blog I think I die. So most of the time im sitting there waiting for her and looking around at everyone else engrossed in their work – like rather easy money?
3. Lunches with her always exceed the supposedly one hr.


Me: eh 我们吃这样久就会不会被骂…?
Eunice: 怕什么, 我们都最大了谁敢骂我们?


4. Do things for her she always says “你慢慢来ah…” With no sense of urgency, I often drifted into space…
5. Other minor benefits like cultivating the gd habit of 早睡早起 – better immune system, less pimples(: and Monday during lunch, she and other colleagues taught me what courses I shld take in uni and in future bound to earn big bucks one – I liked that, really learnt sth. ACTUARY really interests me!!! It requires knowledge of math and econs a little. OHMY ME TAKING ECONS AGAIN? We'll see.

As for bad points… WILL GROW FAT – spare tyre highly possible to be formed, eyesight suffer.
Maybe as time goes by I will know more gd n bad pts bout the job.


Hmm by the way, there’s this female colleague who looks and is SO CUTE(:
Of cos I can’t mention her name la. IF ANY COLLEAGUE SEES THIS I DIE!!!!
I found myself keep looking at her, yes im as pervertic as ever.
She wears rather thick glasses THIS IS WHAT WHICH MAKES HER LOOK SO CUUUTE.
AND SHE’S PRETTY OK. With a proportionate figure and silky rebonded hair.
She looks v innocent too! (albeit 25 alr!)
When she walks her hair fliiiiies – I confirm turn my head when she walks past.
When someone offers her goodies, she will have this excited little girl look!!
I kept sneezing esp in the morning (this is a daily thing btw), once I happened to look at her and she gave me the omg-u-are-so-poor-thing face!
I just smiled and she smiled back too, whoa she’s so nice la.
SERIOUSLY LA ANY GUY WHO GETS HER IS FREAKING LUCKY OK.
Or maybe she’s married alr.

Oh damn what a long entry alr I still have other things to talk about.
Airport job. This 7 bucks per hr is lyk so much easier to earn ok.
I MISSED IT A LOT!!!! Glad that saturday’s coming! (:
OH YESSS SAT AT CHINATOWN GOT NAT HO AND SOME OTHER CAST FOR THEIR NEW A-GO-GO SHOW!!
HAHAA I WANT TO GO! It better not be like nyonya which was flooded like madddd.
(Tot of blogging bout nyonya but… not much time for that, it was indeed memorable.)
So ya, thru this job knew some nice people((:
Interesting happenings like:
Seen a receipt longer than a guy (Justin Teo to be exact)
Richest tourist encountered is a SINGAPOREAN who bought a $52,992 bottle of Louis XIII Magnum whisky -- $43000 on CASH, remaining on MASTER card.
That wasn’t all, $14,752 for another 2 bottles of Glenfiddich scotch later.
OK fine I din witness this, though I really hope I did, is justin say one and I’ve seen the proof.
Actually, what amazed me the most isn’t the amount he spent on 3 bottles of wine but the fact that the singaporean brought $43000 WORTH OF CASH WITH HIM!!
THAT’S LIKE FREAKING DANGEROUS PLS! DID HE JUST ROB THE BANK.

Ok hafta end this abruptly.
Time for dinner and 心花朵朵开 though im not a fan of this show.
Will talk bout marina square ytd some time later ba.
Happy working to myself!

5 comments:

  1. kendra i barely started readin ur blog n u post spoilers on nyonya!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh. n ur comment section doesnt seem v bloggerish

    -sj

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nyonya is ur firs highlight. u travel too much la.. n tell me wat r e subjs to take to make money in future leh! hahaa seems lik u're adaptg rather well in the bank. oh make ur font bigger thanks. n yes u sound pervertic.. i tink in ur frenster u wrote u interested in men n women isit lol. n tt sgporean wine buyer is seriously mad la.... damn rich pls. yah mayb he jus burgled a place. n nice dp 715 looks funny

    -rnbw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyeh u pervert. forever looking at other girls.and occasionally guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SJ! ya i lyk the dp man 715 so cute! btw i forgot to tell u i think. bro went vivo countdown -- he left home at 1030pm yet he managed to shake hand with jeanette and see all the stars!!! he said 715 really keep smiling super frenly that kind OH, MY AH WU! hahahaa

    colleagues say actuary makes lotsa money!!! n somehow its in low demand. dun go for those in courses like mass com those. one coll. said her fren freelance writer but must wait super long before she receives n article to write. perhaps msg u when i rmb more!

    lastly to khyrul as well, i cant help it but to look at cute n hot babes hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hav no idea wat actuary is.. but sometimes also depends on ur interest mah.. sometimes can make a lot of money but wat if e subj etc v boring..

    ReplyDelete