Feb 10, 2010

You are from RJ, so what?!

I almost died in bed last night I SWEAR, the stomachache almost killed me.
One of the worst shit i ever had in my life. (Pun unintended)
It wasn't a diarrhoea,
it's like cramps + after eating my mum's chicken rice in a rush (for tuition).
I really will eat slowly and at the right timings now.
Once bitten, twice shy.
I must take care of myself.
Was so scared that i had to miss sch and not earn $65 today,
since i will earn $0 during cny long weekend.
The pain miraculously subsided when i was in school! DAMN HAPPY!!!

I wanna talk a little bout sch now.
You know, whenever i walked into Pasir Ris Primary/Elias Park Primary and sometimes Greenview sec in the past,
i will have the "Whoa sighs sian" thoughts. i dunno why really.
I get to earn rather easy money, i should be happy!
AND I ALSO DUNNO WHY,

I won't have such thots whenever i stepped into Tampines Primary - maybe not yet,
but i hope never ever.
I only will "whoa sian grrrrr" when i wake up at bout 6.10am everyday.
I feel SOOOO TIRED and it's reaaaally a great torture for me ok.
But after i bathe and get ready, and when i wear nice clothes,
i feel so confident and eager to leave home and begin the day!! (:

Although my timetable is like much slacker now (fewer periods),
but i have much larger responsibility.
I have a P4 Science class, I am responsible for their science results this year!!!
I think the sch is a bit mad, science is so impt how can they get a not experienced relief teacher to teach???
And Im teaching the P5s and P6s MUSIC.

Like quite scary, im supposed to set the mid year music test and blah.

The previous relief teacher who got sacked (she was supposed to take over the teacher who took one yr of childcare leave and now im taking over her), left so much sai kang for me.

LIKE SERIOUSLY.
Now i have a very bad impression of RJ people.
Like so what if you have the brains but zero sense of responsibilty.
For music lessons, she actually plays pop songs on youtube for the students to listen and singalong.
Ya, they are singing, it's considered a music lesson,
BUT IN YOUR WHOLE STUDYING CAREER HAVE U EVER HAD A MUSIC LESSON LIKE THAT!?
Music isn't impt but still, students are supposed to learn the recorder in pri and sec sch right!
This is a sai kang for me cos the pupils loved this kind of music lessons she taught,
they love youtube,
now that u want me to get them to buy the recorder and music book, it's so difficult!
They alr said they think it's a waste of money when i told them they MIGHT have to buy,
NOW IT'S SO DIFFICULT FOR ME TO TELL THEM THEY MUST BUY! sighs...

Ok like as if this isn't troublesome enough.

Science is one of the core subjects but i dunno why there are only five periods in a week.
That's why every period is crucial.
For Term1 they are supposed to learn Matter.
This is like the mid of Term 1 alr.
When I first stepped into 4Grace for science,
I told them to write all that they know bout Matter.

The only thing they know is solid liquid gas - after i gave some hints somemore.
"Miss Tan never teach anything one. Everytime she comes in she just write on the board and make us copy. She never explain anything one. The class very noisy one, esp when we are at the lab."
What defines matter, what does a definite shape mean, they know nothing.

Wk 6 of Term 1 and I just started collecting their books, setting targets, all the admin stuff.

Worst thing is some don't even have the workbooks (bought in P3, supposed to save for P4).
SHE DID NTH WITH THE CLASS OK.
i look at how far the science HOD has done with the class and i feel dead.
Tropical tests coming up, mock CA1 coming up.
Imagine my class does the worst in the cohort, omg. Like wtf.
The materials the science HOD gave she dunno put where alr - supposed to paste on the walls in class.

AND WHEN SHE LEFT, she didn't even have the courtesy to return the books to the science and music HODs.
When i went to find them, they didn't even know she has left.
The music HOD was also saying she should have returned what.
She left everything in her cupboard, hidden inside, TODAY THEN I FOUND IT.

walao eh irresponsible until i cant take it.

Now this is like another big challenge for me, to teach science and music well.
I CAN. Just like i panicked when i had to teach 4Love English for two weeks.
But i survived and btw now seeing them in school makes me so happy (:
The cute faces and hello-miss-loh-s all ard sch (:
Although im not yet sick of this school,
that doesn't mean no unpleasant experiences happened.
There are another two worth mentioning - cos it made me so irritated that all kinds of vulgarities went thru my mind.
Leave that to another day.

Today is CCA day, P1s begin on their mass wushu!
1 Faith's teacher suddenly like disappear, made PE HOD so pissed, the teachers are supposed to bring the kids now and prepare lotsa troublesome stuff!
He is a v nice person btw!

It's nice talking to him! So willing to guide me and everything.
He just suddenly told me to help take over 1 Faith for the CCA periods.
They are so cute, so obedient, just that v energetic.
I just mentioned this on my fb status but i gonna copy and paste it here. SO CUTE LO!!

It was dismissal time. On the way to the front gate, Caleb (1 Faith) grabbed my wrist and held my hand hard. I walked with him and the rest of the kids walked in twos behind. I love adorable kids!!!!!

You know there is this pretty teacher (ok many teachers there are pretty and fashionable, everyday like fashion show, diff chio heels and stylish attire/dresses) who is so exuberant everyday.
I was once in the lift with this malay teacher, she looked really shagged!
She said "Everytime after a P1 class, i will just have this face."
FROM THAT DAY ONWARDS, im like scared of P1 classes alr - that is why today when 1Faith can cooperate so well with me IM SO HAPPY!
I was the first class to leave when other teachers are still angrily getting them into twos etc.
I SIDETRACKED, back to pretty teacher.
Since she's the form teacher of a P1 class,
i was wondering how come she can look so stress free and happy everyday.
She looks esp confident in her heels and nice dresses - i must admit nice attire boosts my confidence too.
She will hold the hand of a kid and the rest will follow in two NEAT rows behind!
She even plays with them!
Like tapping this cute kid from behind and then hiding behind another,
and the cute kid will end up saying loudly "Miss Chan I know it's u!!!!"
They will go hahahah. I FIND IT SO SWEET OK.
Why is it that one teacher finds it so torturing to take P1 class while i see another who seems to enjoy it alot?
Passion? I guess with passion, you will be able to enjoy everything you do...


BTW, P6 english is tough!!!! ))):
You can help me if you know the answer (tho it's too late).
1) Pls return me the money you owe/owed me.
Wth, majority of the class wrote owe so i trust that it's owe too =SS
But i really think that it's a mistake that everyone makes, owed is the correct one?
2) Majority of the Singaporeans live/lives in homes.
I said the answer is live, I REALLY HOPE IT'S RIGHT.
Their Eng teacher is the HOD!!! ))):
Right now i suddenly feel damn scared la.
For 1) it's like saying "Pls return me the pen that you BORROWED from me." OMG DIE....
I JUST GOOGLED FOR 2), it's a highly-searched qn, apparently many are as dumb as me, LUCKILY THAT IS RIGHT!!!

Hey, i only intended to write the first sentence and click 'Publish post',
ended up writing on and on...

1 comment: